Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spring Break = fun work = purpose



I am trying to live out what the purposes of Th3 Waters is in my everyday live all the time...and one of the things we are attempting to be/do is to bring our relationship with Christ into our everyday lives, for example, finding and living our Christ relationship @ work, in play time, with families, @ church, etc. so I am finding that yes I am a Pasotr, but even a Pastor does things that are not too spiritual in nature and seem sometimes like just paper work...but I am finding that this week I am having fun while I do my paper work. I am being impassioned by God as I do the boring paper work...and I believe that it is possible to do the same in any job/work environment. So this week even though all the schools are out for Spring Break, I am working and working hard...but living every second of it because I am relating to Christ in what I am doing and being! Man I love relationship!

---------------

Well, on the logo/website front...

Design District is amazing...have I said that before? heh...well they are and the logos they are coming up with are very cool! We have narrowed it down to two and now we are taking those logos and really trying to think about how they will be used (color most of the time...and probably more often with video than print) so we are taking all of that into consideration and going from there. I would put a link to it to this blog...but I am not sure about all the copyright stuff and so I will just let yall see the final logo when they/we finish it.

Also, I have contacted a good friend of mine that lives and works in Nashville to see if he could possibly come up with some possible intro/closing music for each of the OG videos we will be shooting/editing and maybe even music to go along with the logo...although I am still excited about what Design District might come up for the music/sound effects piece of the logo.

So lots of cool stuff happening there.

One bad part of news is that the software that we purchased for the Apple to do our editing does not work on the newest mac laptops (the one we bought) yet...but they are working on an update to get it working and hopefully will have one by this summer when we will be starting to shoot the videos. I called Apple and they have given us a $50 reimbursement for our problems and that will probably make the upgrade free for us when they eventually bring it out!!!

--------------

Speaking about the new computer this is the first post on the blog with the new laptop and even though it is Apple...and I am having to learn a few new things with it is really not too bad and I think that I have enough knowledge about it now that I can maneuver well, not all I need to do is set up a time to visit the Video editing dept. on the Asbury Seminary Campus to start to learn the Final Cut Pro edition of the software that we are waiting for an upgrade for to work on this computer. But other than that I am enjoying the laptop, and have already had several youth come into my office telling me how cool the computer is...now that to me says we got a great computer, heh.

-----------

I finally have several meetings down on the calendar to meet with several people. Some are possible OG future leaders, and others are people that might be interested in starting a third Organic Gathering. It is exciting, but just like anything else I want to make sure that everyone has the same first experiences with Th3 Waters and once we have trained (or in the process of trained) leaders then I will not be solely leading several OGs by myself and others will take over the lead. I do not mind leading OGs and in reality I love it! but I also must make sure that I know my limit and make sure that we equip future leaders to make this experiment an effective one!

-----------

Not much else to say other than I feel very good about the direction God is pointing us into and I am very excited about bringing the Kingdom into this world in a new and different way!

Please take care and God bless yall!

==============

Paul Edgecomb: On the day of my judgment, when I stand before God, and He asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles, what am I gonna say? That is was my job? My job?
John Coffey: You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?
Paul Edgecomb: Yes, John. I think I can.

--The Green Mile

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great that you are seeing the actual groups beginning to form and that you have written your first important guidelines for its formation. Other's leading is a vital part of your ministry--as it is in all the church work. I wish you well and pray for you and the Waters everyday. May God continue to draw people to Him throught you and your Waters group. Hurting people are only healed by God's great love and direction.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger DGH said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home