Monday, March 27, 2006

Meetings meetings meetings....(& I love them! heh)


Unleash the flood of The Waters!


Well, it looks like this week is sure off to a good start. We plan on receiving the new Laptop this Wednesday...which means I will be spending lots of time learning the thing and to start the process of learning how to use the video editing software. I am se that I will be spending lots of my time with friends that actually know how to use it and once I get the basics then I know that I will then start to play around enough to really get decent at it. I am excited (because I am a computer nerd, but I am also not looking forward to the loss of sleep that I know is coming, heh)


-----------------

I am now starting to meet with the people that will be having the parties in the summer and getting them all organized to throw a party and to invite some normal people to the parties! It is amazing to see how it is al coming together. Just the other day @ our 1st OG we had a guy listen in to the scripture discussion and he came back last week!!1 the way that we envisioned with God with how the OG's could possibly work is working! Not that we thought that they would not work...but it sure is god to see that something is happening how we thought it might!

We also had a new couple join us last week and I hope that they will come back soon too!

---------------

Well, I am now planning out all my meetings to meet with various people with-in two weeks, so my calendar is filling up left ad right all over the place. It is a great thing, but if I take it al in sure is stressful...but I have God and my wife to remind me about reality and that it is only as big as I make it out to be....I love meeting with people and I look forward to meeting with all these people it is just sometimes I have a tendency to look at the entire year and se what we need to get done and then in my mind assume that it has to get done by tomorrow, heh... It is very funny to type it out...but I know that I do that a lot (and I am sure that I am not alone out there!) Come to think of it I think that I have mentioned this habit before on the blog, but oh well. heh heh.....

-------------

I plan on also attending a leader's gathering of Vineyard Central, to kind of see how they "do" the leadership thing and see if we can get any good ideas and thoughts from them. I will be meeting with Aaron this week to find out the best one to attend. I am excited about it and look forward to see what we might look like in a few years!

---------

Not much else to say other than I do need t put all the files from my current work computer to a flash drive to transfer them over to the mac. Then my current computer can be made into the computer for the A/V booth in the church and then that computer can be used to upgrade the computer in Kay’s office! I think that this laptop deal is making a lot of people happy in Florence...and it will further the kingdom in many different ways! Thank you again to the LARGE $ donor for the purchase of this new laptop! I hope to create a basic video with it and put it up here for everyone to download...but we will have to see where and how I could be able to do it, heh.

----------

I do ask that you all continue to be in prayer for The Waters! We are really hitting hard the development of the Leadership growth steps and this is a vital area that must be done well for The Waters to keep our head above it (wow...OK that was bad....I will leave the jokes to the mistakes I make in service each week, heh)

Well, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers for The Waters and please KUTPs!!!! God bless yall!

============

Fozzie: You can come with us.
Gonzo: Where are you going?
Fozzie: We're following our dreams!
Gonzo: Really? I have a dream, too.
Fozzie: What?
Gonzo: You might think it's stupid.
Fozzie: No.
Gonzo: Well, I want to go to Bombay, India to become a movie star.
Fozzie: You don't go to Bombay to become a movie star. You go where we're going, Hollywood.
Gonzo: Well, sure, if you want to do it the *easy* way.

--The Muppet Movie

--Funny how most of the time God has a "simple" dream for us...but we tend to try and make it more complicated, heh heh.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much the encouraging update. I'm afraid the bad habit of trying to run in more circles by myself to make myself crazier is all due to your mom. Sorry you got that part of me. This is truly God's business and he is the best boss ever. Just pray and keep in mind what a trust he has given you and the Waters to reach out in such a special way to so many hurting and needy people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home