Monday, January 16, 2006

I know....I know I have been a bad boy with the weekly update....

Well, it has been a very long time since I have posted a blog post about The Waters! I have a wonderful Christmas and New Year...and when I got back I hit the ground running and it has been a blur since I got back home. Everything is going well, and even trough a few small changes have been made it is still the greatest ride of my life to be a part of The Waters, and I hope that you can join me in this ride, no matter if you are in prayer support, leadership, or attending...I promise God will bless your service! Thank you everyone for all you do and are!

----------------

Well, we have pushed back the first Waters Gathering to this Friday night @ Joseph-Beth @ 7:00 pm and we hope to have a fun time of getting to know each other and sharing what we would love to be as a community and as a gathering. Or friends are being invited this week and it is all a green light to have the very first one. I hope to have a picture of it if I can remember and if everyone can make it. We hope to get to know one another, share what the purpose of The Waters is, and set a time and commitment each week for 8 weeks to see if everyone likes what we will do and go from there. So...needless to say....huge prayer need!

--------------

The next part of The Waters is taking current attendees of Florence UMC and training them on how to throw a party and the empower the servants to throw parties to start developing relationships with people who they think will benefit from these gathering communities. So This Saturday (yep that's right the day after the 1st Gathering, we will be throwing a party for all those who have let us know they are interested in helping throw the parties for everyone's friends. We think that some miss communication has gone out and we hope to gathering as many people as we can to invite them to a sample (and it will be a real party) @ Roseanna's house to give them a fine example of how much fun we can have and still get everyone together for a second time to answer any questions and help them make these parties a reality so we can have a base of natural relationships to invite to other organic gatherings. So please be in prayer for that!

---------------

After the first gathering this Friday I hope to have the night of the week that that gathering desires to meet so that I can form a second gathering made up of leaders to give the future (possible) leaders a chance to experience what will be going on in a gathering and for 8 weeks see if they can start to multiply and grow in the direction God would like to go, or lead several different gatherings made up of a few friends each. Either way it is very exciting times for The Waters and prayer is probably the most important aspect that we could have at this point...Well, and good communication, ha ha ha....

---------------

Well, I am preaching this coming Sunday and I am trying to finish all of my ordination requirements to become a Elder in full connection in the UM church so needless to say my days and time are very limited this week and I must squeeze out every ounce of time each day....So, Great times deserve great prayer and sacrifice...Thank you for all of yours!

KUTPs!!!!

==============

Funny.....some times I can see glimpses of Romans chapter one in this movie quote...the problem of Evil and sin understood well from a very funny movie:

Chandler Jarrell: Tell me about the Golden Child.
Kala: Every thousand generations, a perfect child is born, a Golden Child. He has come to rescue us.
Chandler Jarrell: Rescue us from what?
Kala: From ourselves.
Chandler Jarrell: Ah.
Kala: He is the bringer of compassion. If he dies, compassion will die with him.
Chandler Jarrell: So, if something happens to the kid, the whole world goes to hell?
Kala: The world will become hell.

-----The Golden Child talks about the results of sin (i.e. Missing the mark of God's desires).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home