Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's up Doc?

Well, Th3 Waters has just been having tons of fun! I have great news...the final logo for Th3 Waters will be finished probably within the week (not sure, but we have finalized the logo to the picture, and the text...now it is just a little fixing here and there and it will be ready for the world...or in our case the blog and maybe my business cards, heh. Soon it will be plastered all over the videos we will create, the website, and if we ever need to do envelopes and stationary, then there too! it is nice to get the logo taken care of because it will fuel the design and work of the website...that has already started! Thanks to Design District Inc. it will be coming and hopefully finished by the end of the summer. We are kind of shooting for the website to be ready to go by the middle or end of August.

----------------

I will be attending a Vineyard Central Leadership training meeting this Saturday afternoon! I hope to be able to talk to several people and get a feel about how they have over the past 10 years formed their leadership and grown their house churches. I am really looking forward to this so we can take the next steps and really flesh out how we will be doing our leadership development once the other OGs start in August.


--------------

I am also planning on taking a trip to the West Ohio Conference to talk to a few people on how to bring the "emergent Discussion" into the UMC. My good friend, my professor, District Superintendent Dr. Tom Tumblin has invited me so we are working gout the dates for that time of discussion. I am very excited about this meeting. I believe with all of my heart that what Th3 Waters is being has implications for the entire UMC. I have been told that by several people, but what we are doing just feels and looks right from the core of my being and through the logic (Spock like) mind of mine. It just makes sense, is natural, and bringing God into the very cultural of the world! It is filled with a humble excitement that is about to flood this world with hope, grace, and love found in authentic community! We are so blessed and honored to be the hands and feet of God through Th3 Waters! Please continue t keep all of this in your prayers!

-----------

I am also attempting to look for continuing education opportunities. There are tons of conferences out there for church planting, church growth, creative worship planning, multi-site church development...but I have not found anything yet that is existing the way that we feel led by God to be. So I am wondering if I can find churches out there that I could spend part of a week @ getting to know the pastors and communities and searching them for application for Th3 Waters. I hope to talk to a few authors of books that I appreciate and see if they have suggestions on who to visit, so please be in prayer about that.

------------

Other than that we have a huge meeting Sunday June 4th that we are inviting the entire Florence UMC to attend if they are at all interested in Th3 Waters. We will get to have some time to answer questions and allow for me and maybe a few others to tell them what Th3 Waters has meant to them. I am hoping to send out more information to those who attended the last big meeting we had so they can be notified of the event and it is our desire to really get people serious about attending some parties that will eventually develop into OGs. This will be a very important meeting to let Florence know what we have done and what we are doing in the near future...and to beg...uh I mean invite them to help Th3 Waters to become what God desires for it to be! Please be in prayer for this event!

-----------

Also Sunday 28th in both services Eric McAlister will be sharing about Th3 Waters and where we are headed and hopefully peak people's interest to desire to make it to the June 4th meeting! The more people we can have at this meeting the better! So pray for a good response from Florence UMC!!

===============

Well, that is all that is coming to mind right now. There are so many things I am doing that I have a hard time sitting down to share them....(and I have a hard time each week even finding time to post them on this blog, ha ha) but I hope and pray that this blog is allowing you to better be in prayer for Th3 Waters and the work the God is doing through us! Transforming lives in authentic community so that the Kingdom of God is unleashed! Amen!

--------------------

Red: [narrating] I must admit I didn't think much of Andy first time I laid eyes on him; looked like a stiff breeze would blow him over. That was my first impression of the man.

-- The Shawshank Redemption

What are people's first impressions of you or your Christ community? Do they see you, or do they see Christ? Join us on working out in our lives and communities the second option when it comes to impressions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home