Saturday, October 29, 2005

Too many conferences...but well worth it!

I know that by now I should have posted about the second day of the Multi-site conference, but through some reading I found out that Neil Cole who wrote the Organic Church book is teaching an intensive conference on Organic Churches here near Dayton...so guess what? yep, I went from a two day conference near Chicago Monday and Tuesday...and then at the end of this week I drover here near Dayton and I have been meeting and learning from the author who wrote the book on Organic Churches...and this one is excellent...Still not exactly what we are looking at, but extremely close and lots of wonderful biblical backing for what we are sensing God desiring for us to be and do...so I am excited about what I am learning and I hopefully will be able to put up the best insights I have gained while here right here on The Waters blog! This is a wonderful conference and very great to hear that what we are thinking about is extremely effective and I believe very possible in a Tribe Extension model, but also in a United Methodist understanding. So, needless to say even though what we are dreaming with God to do is a very real challenge and some different thinking...it is still amazing to see how God is bringing us into a better understanding of what an unleashing of the Kingdom of God looks like and how we can join the passion of Christ for those who need a relationship with Christ! What a privilege, and an honor. I am so tired I will have to wait and share the insights of this conference and the second day of the multi-site conference with you later on. Thank you for your understanding and more importantly....Thank you for your love and prayers! KUTPs!

3 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad conference is going well. We will be very interested in exactly what pieces of the conference you think might be practical for your Waters group to use.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VISIONARIES and THRILL-SEEKERS WANTED!

Part of FUMC tribe, here. It will critical for the people of our congregation to take ownership of this process and the vision behind it. That may take some time, but let's continue to encourage that development. In the meantime, I'm on board for the ride! (It's a lot cheaper than Kings Island, anyway...)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger DGH said...

Thanks Barry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home